For highschool students, please register via www.simplyk.io as requested by the majority of highschools in the region (défilé du père Noel de Gatineau.)
Registration for volunteers 18 years and over
Please send your name, phone number, email address, and position of interest at:
- Take pictures of floats, volunteers in action, closing ceremonies and some of Santa too.
- Download the pictures on the parade’s computer before leaving.
Site preparation crew: for parade and market
- As a team, install banners, tables, garbage cans, barricades and other such tasks. A list will be provided by site preparation manager.
- At the Marina: take delivery of equipment, install parking spot numbers
- At the Judges site: place tables, chairs sound system, flags etc
- At the market: install lights, garbage cans etc
Clean up crew:
- Pick up material from the Marina and store.
- Remove decorations after ceremony.
- Clean up and put away all material from under the big tent and other sites
Volunteers at the Marina:
- With the help of a plan, direct the arriving floats and participants to their assigned parking spot and during parade start.
- With the help of lists, limit access to the Marina.
- Walking dolls/number carrier’s leader: watching over, help with costumes and make up, animation and placement in the parade.
Volunteers at the big tent:
- Invite participants to take the shuttles.
- Decorate the tent and other small tasks.
- Variety of welcoming positions for volunteers and participants.
- General supervision during the parade