NUMBER CARRYING WALKING DOLLS (12 to 16 years old):
Qualities needed: companionship, enthusiasm, liveliness, good observation and good rhythm
Attend the information meeting dressed warmly; it is colder down by the Marina.
There is no locker available for backpacks so bring as little as possible.
It is recommended to eat before getting to the Galeries
Before the parade
- Meet with your leader under the tent behind the Galeries Aylmer to pick up your costume and volunteer's tag.
- Hand in your volunteer book for signature.
- Get on the shuttle bus to the Marina.
- Identify yourself to your leader at the Marina.
- Dress up and get make up. (Big red cheeks, freckles etc) and helps your companions in doing the same.
- Practice dance steps, waving, animation.
- Pose for souvenir picture with your group.
- Don't go near the water's edge, you will be expelled from the parade.
- Obey all officials' orders.
- Wait for starting instructions. Your leader will tell you when to join in the parade.
Role and duties during the parade.
- Identify and separate parading groups.
- Salute and smile to the spectators (parade animation).
- Set the rhythm of the parade by keeping the required distance with the group ahead.
- Shows the number to the judges
- When the parade stops for a few seconds, dances or cheers for the spectators.
Back at the parking lot
- Go back to the tent to get a snack.
- Stays for the winner's announcements.
- Gives back the costume and accreditation
- Get your signed volunteer book and momento.
AT ALL TIMES THINK SAFETY. BE SURE THE CAR BEHIND YOU SEES YOU